- Shorelines Casino Belleville opens its doors as Great Canadian’s 21st property and the first gaming facility to be built in the Province of Ontario since 2006
- Canada's one and only Hard Rock Casino Vancouver opened its doors on December 20, 2013, following a multi-million dollar renovation and rebranding of the Boulevard Casino.
- Maple Ridge Community Gaming Centre relocates to a beautiful new location and becomes Chances Maple Ridge.
- River Rock Casino Resort welcomes the Canada Line, Vancouver’s newest mass transit system that delivers 15,000 extra visitors a week to River Rock.
- View Royal Casino expands adding a parkade and additional gaming space on Vancouver Island.
- Georgian Downs adds gaming capacity.
- Great Canadian expands across the country, acquiring Casino Nova Scotia Halifax and Sydney; and two racetracks in Ontario, Georgian Downs and Flamboro Downs.
- In British Columbia, Great Canadian acquires Fraser Downs Racetrack & Casino in Cloverdale.
- River Rock Casino Resort becomes the first flagship property of Great Canadian Gaming Corporation, adding a Four Diamond, AAA rated hotel with two towers, 204 suites, and a 1,000 seat show theatre that features the best and brightest in entertainment.
- The Coquitlam Casino completes a significant redevelopment, becoming Boulevard Casino, tripling in size and bringing with it jobs, tourism dollars, and economic development spin-offs.
- GAGC acquired 50% ownership in Evergreen Entertainment Corporation (EEC) in Washington State.
Gaming in British Columbia is expanded to include longer hours, a wider variety of table games, and for the first time – slot machines.
Great Canadian Gaming Corporation is created on March 15, 1997.
Great Canadian Casinos Inc. is incorporated July 9, 1997.
- The Renaissance Casino in Vancouver opens.
- The Guildford Casino closes transferring
its license to The Newton Casino.
|■ Mayfair Casino opens in Victoria.
■ Great Canadian trades on the TSX-V.
|■ The Guildford Casino opens in Surrey, BC.|
- Great Canadian proudly hires its first employees May 1, 1987 (some of them still work here today).
- British Columbia Gaming Commission is formed.
- The Red Lion Casino opens in Victoria.
- The Richmond Casino opens.
- The Langley Casino opens.
Great Canadian proudly opens its first permanent location, The Casino at the Holiday Inn on Broadway in Vancouver.
Great Canadian opens Nanaimo Casino, the first permanent casino on Vancouver Island.
- Great Canadian Casino Company Ltd. is formed and begins operating charity casinos in a variety of locations, training staff on-site, and operating the PNE’s casino and midway games.